It looks like rain on Saturday June 27th, so we’ve made a few changes to the Walkable Blocks event. Rather than risk having visitors take a tour of our new public art installations in the rain, we are making the event a self-guided scavenger hunt. You still have the opportunity to win fabulous prizes, and here’s how!
The new contest runs from June 27th until July 3rd. Raffle prize winners will be pulled at the First Friday event around 7PM.
Here’s how you enter the raffle!
- You can visit All Things Herbal Local Market, Rider Pharmacy, or The Antiques Marketplace to get a tour map and a scavenger hunt sheet. These can also be downloaded and printed out below.
- The map will lead you to each of our art installations. There are 8 crosswalks and 6 bike racks. The total walking route is about a mile. Several of the bike racks are in different locations than the map indicates. These are:
a. Cabin Cathedral will be in the Transit Authority Building window at the corner of Jefferson and Jackson Street.
b. The Forest is not yet available for public viewing. This is a freebie!
c. Nest and Bird can be found at the Joe N’ Throw Coffee House across from the Coal Miner bike rack.
These changes are also noted on the scavenger hunt page.
- Answer a question about each art piece on the scavenger hunt page.
- Complete the personal information and survey section of the Scavenger Hunt.
- Return the scavenger hunt sheet to All Things Herbal, Rider Pharmacy, or the Antiques Marketplace. Or bring it to the Main Street Booth at First Friday on July 3rd. All entries must be returned by 6PM on July 3rd.
- We will use the Scavenger Hunt Sheet as a raffle ticket. Winners will be contacted about their prizes if they aren’t present. Prizes include two excellent bicycles, a staycation package, and various giftcards.
It’s that easy! We hope to receive your entry soon!
If you have any questions contact our office at 304-366-0468 or email us at email@example.com
Follow these links to download the map and the scavenger hunt: